Washington Township Middle School Girls Rugby - 2020
(6th, 7th, and 8th Grade)
2019 Game Schedule - 2020 Game Schedule coming soon
Practices will start on Feb 20th
Parent/Athlete Meeting - March TBA - North Central, Door 28
End of the Season banquet - June 4th, 6:30pm, at Broadripple Park.
Please read this entire website.
- Please turn in your completed Athletic Physical to your Athletic Department prior to first practice.
- Athletes should be registered with Rugby Indiana by April 1st. (Cost = $80) To register go to RugbyIndiana.com, click on Register. Under the Youth Rugby section, register for the Panther rugby team.
Panther Team Dues
Team Dues = $25 (This is in addition to the online registration fee mentioned above)
- Team Dues are due Apr 1st.
- All fees will be explained at the Parent/Athlete meeting.
- Checks are to be made to NC Girls Rugby .
- If you pay in cash, it is helpful to have it in an envelope, labeled with the athlete's name.
Jersey - There will be an additional $20 jersey cost this year.
- Athletes must have health insurance before practicing.
- Incase of an emergency it is important to have your insurance card on hand. Recommendation: Give a photo copy of your insurance card to Coach Courtney. She will have these at each game and practice.
- As stated above, to participate in a practice your athletic physical must be completed and turned into your school's Athletic Office in advance before participating in a practice.
- Practices are 6pm-7:30pm
- February practices will be on Feb 20th, 24th, 27th
- Starting March 2nd, practices will be held Mon, Wed, Thurs
- Practices will be held at North Central. Exact location on campus will depend on the weather and announced by the coach. Please see this campus map for more information.
- Bring mouth guard, proper clothes and shoes to practice inside or outside each day.
- For every practice players must bring tennis shoes, mouthguard, clothes for inside, and clothes for outside in order to be prepared for the weather.
- Cleats will be helpful for outdoor practices.
- Spandex pants/shorts or leggings may be worn but they must be covered with shorts or sweatpants.
- Tank tops alone are not allowed. Shirts must have sleeves.
The following items are required to play in a game.
- Black socks and black shorts
- Team jersey - Each player will order a jersey this year ($20).
- Also please bring a black t-shirt incase of scrimmage opportunities
- If a player wants to wear full leg leggings under their shorts, they must be black, cotton, and must not have a seam down the outside of the leg.
Cleats can be soccer or rugby cleats. Softball or football cleats are not allowed. Recommendation: Have a coach inspect the cleats prior to wearing them outside to ensure they are the right kind.
To play in a game:
- Players need to arrive one hour before the game kick off.
- Players must be registered with Rugby Indiana (see above).
- Team Dues ($25) must be paid in full.
- You must have your cleats, mouthguard, and full uniform with you to play in a game.
- If you are removed from a game for misconduct, at least one game suspension will be imposed, and you still need to attend practices. Please see the Rugby Indiana by-laws on the Rugby Indiana website for more details on their suspension policies.
Other Important Information
- Check our facebook group often for announcements.
- Urgent announcements will be posted on our facebook page
- Make-up games and practices could be held any day of the week.
- If a player is caught harassing someone, hazing another player, drinking alcohol, or doing drugs they will be removed from the team.
- The NC Athletic Department and Coaching Staff reserves the right to remove a player from the team in the event of misconduct at anytime at their discretion.
Coach Contact Info